Medical Records Coordinator - Full Time
Health Plus Management LLC (HPM) provides management services to medical practices specializing in the area of Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. HPM manages 36 locations throughout Long Island, NYC including the 5 boroughs, Westchester, Niagara Falls/Buffalo and NJ. We provide management services that give the physician and therapists the opportunity to provide patient care without worrying about the administrative needs of the practice. We continually strive to support these practices by recruiting and retaining the most qualified and dedicated individuals. HPM provides an excellent path for personal and professional growth, along with competitive salary and benefits. Health Plus Management is currently seeking a full time individual in our North Bergen Office. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking for a long term position with outstanding growth potential.
Monday - Friday: TBD
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong customer service skills.
- MUST BE BILINGUAL IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH
- Responds to inquiries, resolves risen issues, collect co pays and schedules patient appointments.
- Maintain the daily operations of the office by following standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Assist in comforting the patients and maintaining the reception area.
- Contribute to team effort by smoothly transitioning into daily roles as needed.
- Answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist patients w/completing all necessary forms and documentation.
- Responsible for obtaining and filing patients charts as needed.
- Responsible for protecting patient’s privacy by maintaining confidentiality of personal information (HIPAA compliant).
- Navigate through NextGen to access and provide patient information.
- Maintain compliance by contacting patients to confirm appointments.
- Responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the office as needed.
- Experience with medical verification is a plus.
- Responsible for reviewing all charts prior to the doctor's appointment to ensure that all medical records are on file
- Obtain records from outside sources for preview prior to the office visit
- Prepare complete Medical Records for the Billing Department as requested.
- Create chart folders (includes adhering of all labels and hole punching)
- Pull charts daily for patients who are schedule
- Review charts to make sure all patient demographics information is complete and accurate
- Prepare patient charts to include demographic information, previous x-rays, tests, etc.
- Collect all necessary paperwork and authorizations needed for billing
- Scan information to patient's electronic record
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Assist with patient check-in
- Answer the telephone in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Remain professional and provide quality focus to tasks assigned
- Strong Customer Service
- Reliable and Dependable
- Organized and Detail-oriented
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Reliable and dependable
Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability, Paid Time Off, 401k