Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) - Full time
Health Plus Management LLC (HPM) provides management services to medical practices specializing in the area of Pain Management and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. HPM manages 36 locations throughout Long Island, NYC including the 5 boroughs, Westchester, Niagara Falls/Buffalo and NJ. We provide management services that give the physician and therapists the opportunity to provide patient care without worrying about the administrative needs of the practice. We continually strive to support these practices by recruiting and retaining the most qualified and dedicated individuals. HPM provides an excellent path for personal and professional growth, along with competitive salary and benefits. Health Plus Management is currently seeking a Patient Care Coordinator in our Rego Park Office. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is looking for a long term position with outstanding growth potential.
HOURS: Monday - Friday: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
The role of the Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is to act as the liaison between the physician and the patient. They are responsible for managing and coordinating the physicians daily schedule for new and existing patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate patient visits to ensure proper progress of treatment plans (For PT & other specialist)
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of personal information (HIPAA compliant).
- Excellent communication between the patient and medical staff (Physicians, Front Desk, etc.)
- Ensure the compliance to treatment plans created by the Doctors
- Assisting patients to set goals and identify the problem(s) when patients are not meeting their goals
- Ensure all patient information (demographics, insurance information, etc.) are in the system for follow-up and reporting
- Provide advocacy, information, and referral services to patients
- Act as a back-up to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Fluent in both Spanish and English (written and verbal)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, EMR/EHR/EPM systems (NextGen experience preferred)
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, EAP, 401k, and paid time off