Physical Therapist Assistant - Part time
Health Plus Management, LLC is actively seeking a Physical Therapist Assistant for our managed location on E. Tremont Ave. This is an outpatient PM&R - Pain Management practice with a state of the art physical therapy gym in-house. This opportunity is for a part-time position that provides an excellent path for personal and professional growth, along with competitive salary and benefits. As part of the core team in a Physiatry practice, the Physical Therapist Assistant promotes and maintains health by providing physical therapy services under the supervision of a Physical Therapist.
We are witnessing a paradigm shift in pain medicine towards a mechanism-based approach. We value the fact that Physical Therapist Assistants play an important role in palliative care, and they are regarded as highly proficient members of a multidisciplinary healthcare team towards management of chronic pain.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:30 am - 7:30 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am - 1:00 pm
- Contribute to the Physical Therapist’s effectiveness by identifying patient care issues
- Provide information and commentary regarding recommended options and courses of action
- Implement physical therapy directives
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, also obtaining, updating, and studying therapy histories of the patient
- Assess abnormal conditions by reviewing the Physical Therapist’s interpretations of patient evaluations and test results
- Document patient care services by charting in patient record
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering manual exercises
- Instruct, encourage, and assist patients in performing physical activities such as non-manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities, as well as instructing usage of supportive devices, such as canes and crutches
- Instruct and counsel patients by describing therapeutic regimens
- Provide continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; adhere to infection-control policies and protocols
- Maintain legal and accreditation compliance by adhering to policy positions concerning Federal, State, and Local regulations; anticipating emerging issues
- A valid New York physical therapy license (or eligibility) and registration. New graduates will be considered.
- Experience working in an outpatient musculo-skeletal practice preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients